Friday, January 01, 2010

The Tenses


THE ACTIVE VOICE


Present Past Future Future in the Past
Indefinite I write. I wrote. I shall write. I should write.
Continuous I am writing. I was writing. I shall be writing. I should be writing.
Perfect I have written. I had written. I shall have written. I should have written.
Perfect Continuous I have been writing. I had been writing. I shall have been writing. I should have been writing.

THE PASSIVE VOICE


Present Past Future Future in the Past
Indefinite The book is written. The book was written. The book will be written. The book would be written.
Continuous The book is being written. The book was being written.
Perfect The book has been written. The book had been written. The book will have been written. The book would have been written.
Perfect Continuous

PS: The passive voice in Continuous exists only for Present and Past.


WILL vs GOING TO vs GONNA


THE ACTIVE VOICE (in Future)


Will Going To Gonna
Indefinite I will write. I going to write. I gonna write.
Continuous I will be writing. I going to be writing. I gonna be writing.
Perfect I will have written. I going to have written. I gonna have written.
Perfect Continuous I will have been writing. I going to have been writing. I gonna have been writing.

THE PASSIVE VOICE (in Future)


Will Going To
Gonna
Indefinite The book will be written. The book going to be written. The book gonna be written.
Continuous
Perfect The book will have been written. The book going to have been written. The book gonna have been written.
Perfect Continuous



GONNA / WONNA / GOTTA / WOTTA / DUNNO

  • gonna == going to
  • wonna == (I/you/we/they) want to
  • wonnabee(s) == want(s) to be
  • gotta == (have) got to / to have to / must
  • wotta == what a
  • dunno == (I) don't know






%%

No comments: